QAV250 Drone Build and Design Project
The rugged, wet, dirty, dense forest of Maine can be difficult for drone operators in this part of the country. Operators need to have a firm understanding of the technology and fabrication and acquisition process. FPV drones offer Maine residents an incredible view into the world around them. This "learn to" session will be dedicated to building, tuning and operating a Lumenier QAV250 FPV Quadcopter.
For this project, Maine Drone Society Members will design and build a UAV First Person View or FPV Drone in 8 hours. Our design and construction process will replicate a past build from a member in Edgecomb, Maine .
We will document the build process very carefully in hopes to replicate the event for other members in future meetups. We'll also be testing our build in private race space groomed for FPV racing in Edgecomb, Maine. In fact, even if you already have a FPV drone this will be a great opportunity for you to 'fly in' to show the community your skills.
- Lumenier QAV250 mini FPV quadcopter carbon fiber frame v1.1
- Lumenier 1300mAh 3s 60c Lipo Battery (XT60)
- Lumenier RX2206-11 2350KV brushless motors
- Lumenier LUX - 32bit Flight Controller V1.03
- Lumenier 20A OPTO Little BLHeli Pro ESC (2-4s)
- Lumenier TX5GPro Mini 600mW 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter with Power Switch
- Lumenier CMOS-700 Mini FPV Camera
- IBCrazy 5.8 Ghz RHCP Dura-spec antenna
- FrSky D4R-II 4ch 2.4Ghz ACCST Receiver
- Bag of 4 props DAL 5045NB
- FrSky Taranis X9D Plus 2.4GHz ACCST Radio & X8R Combo w/ case (Mode 2)
- Fat Shark Dominator SE FPV Goggles
- Fat Shark 5.8GHZ 5G8RX 32ch Race Band Receiver Module for Dominators
- ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz SpiroNET Antenna Set RHCP (SMA Connector)